At Johnson O’Keefe, we understand divorce law and care about your future. Our experienced and compassionate legal team will guide you through the divorce process, protecting your legal and financial interests and working to resolve all disputes through consensus to minimize stress. We are here to help you build a strong foundation for your new chapter in life.
Reasons to Hire a Divorce Lawyer
- To protect your lawful rights. Divorce can be an emotional and complex legal process, and various laws and regulations govern child custody, child support, alimony, and property division. A local Chicago divorce lawyer can help guide you through the divorce process and, ensure you understand your own legal rights and protect your interests.
- To negotiate a settlement agreement. If you and your spouse can agree on all of the issues in your divorce, your lawyer can help you draft a settlement agreement. A settlement agreement is a legally binding document specifying your divorce’s terms, including child custody, child support, alimony, and property division.
- A divorce lawyer can represent you in divorce court. If you and your spouse can not agree on your divorce on your own, your lawyer can help you present your case to the judge and advocate for your interests.
Why Consider Hiring a Respected Divorce Lawyer
- You are unsure of your spouse legal rights or how to navigate the divorce process.
- You have minors, and you need to make decisions about child custody and child support.
- You have a complex financial situation, such as a business or investment account.
- You have a spouse who is mentally or physically abusive and/ or controlling.
- You have concerns about your spouse hiding investments or alienating you from your kids.
Even if you and your spouse are amicable and you have already agreed on most of the issues in your divorce, it is still a good idea to consult with a divorce lawyer to make sure that your rights are protected and that your settlement agreement is fair.
Benefits of working with Johnson O’Keefe Chicago & Florida Divorce Attorneys
- Experience and expertise. Our divorce lawyers have the experience and expertise to help you navigate the divorce process and protect your interests.
- Negotiation skills. Our divorce attorneys are skilled negotiators who can help you reach a fair settlement agreement with your spouse.
- Legal representation. If your spouse hired a divorce lawyer, it is essential that you consider hiring your own lawyer to represent you in court.
- Peace of mind. Hiring a divorce lawyer can help provide clarity, knowing that your rights are protected and that a skilled professional is representing you.
- Client and Customer Service Driven: Our leadership has invested in technology so that we can work efficiently and provide accessibility to our clients through the divorce process. We have Zoom, TEAMS, and Google Meet virtual meeting platforms conveniently available to our clients.
If you are considering divorce, it is essential to consult with our Chicago or Florida divorce lawyers to discuss your situation and learn more about your legal rights and options. Our family law firm has Attorneys available to represent you in various States and can attend to your needs should you decide to move to another state. You can reach us at 312-319-4444 in Chicago or 561-453-4444 for our Florida office. Do the responsible thing and get the help you need from our experienced family law team by booking a complimentary consultation in Chicago or Florida.